Saturday, October 12, 2013

Relationship to technological growth


"Wow, how did we ever make it without TV, computers, cell phones, video games, etc? for all my growing up years. Let's see, we played games together with our family and friends, read tons of books, stories of all kinds, had long talks with family and friends, made tunnels through the hay and straw in the huge barn on the farm we lived on, then camped out after building a camp fire, was highly active with all kinds of music, marching band, church choir, playing the piano ( all these things could be done after dark) took 4-H, learned to sew, cared for my pony and horse all on my own, rode the bike everywhere I couldn't ride my horse, learned to swim in my uncle's pool, that's where I spent summer days, then helped my parents keep a clean house with my chores along with my 5 brothers and sisters. Well, that's the start of the list. Thank you, Mom and Dad for not having a TV and for showing us a way of life that I still carry to this day, over 50 years later." - Jeanette Swords 10.10.13


"The "tech" has allowed my daughter to research her projects, look up things she battled to understand, my wife to learn a new skill, me to catch up with news and views from around the world and for all of us to keep in contact with relatives across the globe! Thank you technology; it's brought us together." - Lovable Steven 10.10.13

No comments:

Post a Comment