Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WHAT STORIES WILL CHANGE CONDITIONS 2

FAIR WEATHER LOVER


An ardent young man away in college wrote his sweetheart a letter. In this love letter he said, "I would swim the deepest river for you, I would climb the highest mountain for you. I would dash through fire and fight wild beasts for you.


He closed with a PS: If it doesn't rain I will drive home this week-end to see you.


This reminds me of the way some Christians profess their love of Jesus and nod in agreement when the preacher tells them that Jesus said to love one another and love our enemies and take care of the poor among us, but then do nothing about it.


When we say the words but do not do the actions is that a sign that we do not really believe?


 http://js-pastor.blogspot.com/2011/12/fair-weather-lover.html  

No comments:

Post a Comment