Tuesday, June 7, 2011

SACRED WHORE SERIES: daring

actress Vera Farmiga's
Biography



I was deeply moved by a scene in a movie Vera Farmiga played a gangster's wife finding and taking a boy out of the home of a couple who used and murdered children they randomly picked. The couple was typically white, educated and well off financially. They were so normal, typical and white and seeped in their affluence. It was terrifying, to me, how they like so many killers merge into the culture of their environments. The character Vera Farmiga portrayed had to sort and plunge through the belief sets of her economic class to pay attention to details out of place in the couple’s home to rescue the boy she was searching for. She put herself in danger riding through a range of emotions to emerge as a danger to the couple. Every time I watch this scene tears well up from deep within me as I gauge the emotions and Bear energies within me that have done similar things, and ask fundamental questions of Life in the context of saving Life.


There are many women who 'whore' themselves to provide for their children. They appear to the public in different guises. One professional prostitute I met in a gym was a dark brown jewel. In the gym her thighs and rear end leveled all the men in the gym to the floor level. It was a beautiful thing to watch but there was something more. My intent to discern and fathom that ‘something’ must have been etched in my brow because she singled me out for conversation. I never saw her again but I remember she had a son in a private Christian school, and neither her son, nor the school was aware she was a prostitute. She was educated, in school, drove a nice car, and lived in Prince Georges county Maryland, one of the wealthiest counties in the US. We had a soul talk about her role as a mother, and the balancing act she performed daily.


So, I asked myself then as now; “What is a whore if she is a mother? If she is intelligent, godly, caring, educated and streetwise does her Christian walk place her in another light? Does her Christian walk and sensitive relationship with her God evoke the Lilith code of being within an Eve sense of being a woman?” I don’t know of course, but I ask these questions of my Medicine, the Creator, and any woman reading this text. I have excluded men from this conversation because of the typical narrowness of most men’s perception towards the Punany. Is that wrong on my part? – Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories






No comments:

Post a Comment