Sunday, October 23, 2011

AFRICA UNITE: Moammar Gadhafi


Moammar Gadhafti wearing Louis Vuitton shades surveys a Community of Sahel-Saharan States meeting in Syrte, Libya on March 7, 2002
" My Native American blood speaks in a clear language to me as do my African ancestors. There is something I, and we don't know to ask about the death of Moammar Gadhafi. In the life and theme of the General are secrets, answers, and questions with the capacity to knock powerful forces to the ground, and into the open sunlight! Just because the American press, and the American government have made their statements and shown certain images in brief flashes of insight doesn’t mean I, and we need to accept their presentations as the testament, the gospel of politics in Africa, or the definitive facts about a complex man: Moammar Gadhafi. I see something just beyond my intellectual grasp missed because of my lack of focus on Africa in recent years.


Vanity Fair and Time magazine are displaying photo galleries of Gadhafi with subtitles written by sneering columnists. Why are fashion statements forming public opinion for international politics? Africa is key to development and stability of Western countries, and the stability of the global economy has roots in Africa. What happens in Africa affects the world, and we are sporting naiveté, and having victory dances? I am missing something because I haven't done my homework." - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2055860,00.html 

Moammar Gaddafi on Jan 24, 2006 at African leaders' summit in Khartoun, Sudan

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dawn Wolf!

    Thanks for your clear words!

    Me I don't wan't believe, that he is dead!!!

    Maybe, they make a contract, we say, you are dead, and we are on the top on the stage of the theater of the world...!

    It is very pitty, and also very very hurtful, what it was happened and it's happened in Lybia NOW!

    So I great you from Germany with respect and from my heart!

    ReplyDelete