Friday, March 2, 2012

MAGIC


One of the ways I motivate myself is by the recollections of my childhood. My childhood was ideal in many ways. My parents, for the most part, kept me in a state of learning by allowing so much time for me to play. In my vast imagination I made up many things, and being a child I could see the other worlds easy enough so I had more things to explore. I ate a lot; never missed a meal. Well once I did when I decided not to come home when the street lights came on so I could keep playing with my new holster and gun set. That was a helluva a whipping Daddy gave me. But for the most part my parents kept me within the confines of the four sacred places of the Child's Medicine Wheel. In that place I ate, slept, played and grew. There is nothing else for a child to do in life except those four things. - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories (1/11)

my four children in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment