Friday, January 25, 2019

Mother Story




Asana held by a pregnant mother, Maxandlizacro taken by @miz.liz


Postpartum. . The part of pregnancy and birth that is the least talked about and often the least prepared for. For me it was a sweet, yet extremely challenging time. . . 

For the first 2 days after Ella was born I couldn't even sit up in bed without unbearable pain. I had a broken coccyx and 8 perineal stitches. This made learning to breastfeed very frustrating for Ella and for me. I didn't leave the house for over 2 weeks. Overwhelmed uncomfortable feelings and crazy mood swings (thanks to massive hormonal changes) left me in bed all day obsessing over the number of poopy diapers and not making enough milk. . . 

My Midwife (who is an actual angel) showed up for me almost every day those first couple weeks with donated breastmilk, homeopathic remedies, herbal ointments, and coconut ice cream. She did Cranio-sacral therapy with Ella and me and helped us navigate the steep learning curve of breastfeeding. My mom (also an angel) stayed at my house for a week cleaning doing laundry and making every nourishing anti-inflammatory meal from scratch; so Trevor and I could focus on recovery and loving on our new baby. 

We also had an abundance of love and support from friends and family who brought us meals, put my nursery together (@megwaldrop), did energy work on us (@tracysageking @happinessatx), and sent words of encouragement. My husband (@colmchiropractic) gave me chiropractic adjustments almost every day to help my body with the healing process. . .

For those of you who are pregnant for the first time- I want you to know that postpartum is harder than you think its going to be ,but it will get easier and you will get back on your feet. Don't hesitate to ask for help and support. You will 100% need it. I pray that you get amazing care and support from your tribe in your time of recovery. . .

Before and after photo with @maxandlizacro taken by @miz.liz 


Dakota Johnson playing with...


He’s with me now sweet heart , oh don’t cry , he’s my man and he needs my kind of love making , the kind only a girl like me can give him , he’s already gone down on me , oh his sensual lips are made for what’s in my panties , he’s longing for me to give him that something extra only girls like have... ~ Joanes Nessere


No comments:

Post a Comment