Monday, January 28, 2019

Simple Moments



"Moonrise"

Christmas Night, 2015

After shooting photos through sunset at Watson Lake, I decided to stick around, despite the freezing cold, and see if long-exposure photos at night would turn out anything good.

My hands were almost completely numb from the cold, as I had to take them out of ski gloves any time I wanted to adjust my camera's settings.

As I shot various photos, I noticed some brightness on the horizon. "Rats, those stupid city lights are going to ruin my photos" I thought. But, the lights kept getting brighter, and brighter... until I realized those were no city lights. It was the rising moon! Shortly after the moon rose over the horizon I captured this photo of Watson lake. ~ Vern Jensen, photographer 2/05/2016 

Moonrise by Vern Jensen at sunset at Watson Lake in California on Christmas night, 2015.



Photographer Vern Jensen. "Teacups from Lilly's 
Alice in Wonderland themed party Feb. 18, 2016." 


"Simple the way colors highlight and suggest. How a good photographer tells any of the stories of color is captivating. In truth, colors have no untruths. They are the substance outside of touch..." - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 1/28/19

No comments:

Post a Comment