Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Loss of Self, Loss of Father, Loss of Soul.




I don't understand the last part of the sentence: "... paid for with the currency of the heart." Perhaps because I keep thinking about my father's last months with this condition of the soul!

I was watching Daddy's soul during this dreadful period as he died with Alzheimer's, and it haunts me to this day what I saw, and with what I perceived and learned. One thing was clear eventually: Daddy's soul suffered. There was a vacuity none of us want to fully embrace because it is a terror with no thought process. It has its own scent, its own movement and time; it suspends over an uncertain substance. . .

Maybe I do understand your claim: Alzheimer's' is a disease of the brain that is paid for with the currency of the heart." ~ Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories (first born of Herbert and Constance B. Woods) 8/29/18 



Daddy dancing at his grandson, Lemuel's second wedding December 4, 2010. 





No comments:

Post a Comment