Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Insight from a Liar.



Today, during the Congressional hearings centered around Michael Cohen he answered Rep. Jim Cooper's question with these words: "... and I can only warn people. The more people that follow Mr. Trump, as I did blindly, are going to suffer the same consequences that I am suffering!"

Mr. Cooper asked: "What warning would you give young people, who are tempted as you were. Would you encourage them not to wait ten years to see the light? What advise would you give young people, in particular young lawyers, so they do not abuse their bar license, as you did?"

Cohen spoke from deep within for this answer.

"Look at what's happening to me. I had a wonderful life. I have a beautiful wife. I have two amazing children. I achieved financial success by the age of 39. I didn't go to work with Mr. Trump because I had to. I went to work for him because I wanted to, and I've lost it all. So, if I'm not a picture perfect..." He glanced to his left pointing to something out of camera range which I assume was a derogatory statement in large black print about him hanging on the wall behind the panel before him, and continued:

"That's the picture that should be up there. If I am not a picture perfect example of what not to do that's the example I'm trying to set for my children. You make mistakes in life, and I've owned them, and I've taken responsibility for them, and I am paying a huge price, as is my family. So, if that in and of itself isn't enough to dissuade somebody from acting in the callous manner that I did. I'm not sure that person has any chance very much like I am in right now." - Gregory E. Woods [Feb. 27, 2019]







No comments:

Post a Comment