Saturday, November 3, 2012

BUTTERFLY PEOPLE

Butterfly & the Hibiscus flower by Glakwa Kweenie

Butterflies graced my childhood. There were so many of them. Delicate and without defense against chem trails, and bug spray and unable to navigate without the land we replace with asphalt she became rare. As a child, and an adult things that moved or flew or crawled had voices I listened to and because of that relationships can grow or understanding does. Most time for me understanding grew from listening to the voices. 

Butterfly played with light, and for a kid like me it drew me into a playtime unlike the times spent with Fireflies. Fireflies had a heavier scent, and they played less because their light attracted kids who caught them, and bats and whatnot who ate them. Play creates and impacts upon young lives in a permanent way that does not hurt like school or church hurts. You remember what you know within the context of the emotions created and stirred during the learning process. Because of play the interactions I had with living things felt light, felt good, and carried me into a light that walked with day into the night of stormy adult relationships. - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories {8/04/12}


Butterfly woman blowing butterflies


No comments:

Post a Comment