Thursday, October 15, 2015

For Women It is Reality



In a revealing blog post, Alicia Keys talks about her struggles with identity and femininity.

"I definitely started hiding when I got old enough to walk down my NY streets alone. I started to notice a drastic difference in how men would relate to me if I had on jeans, or if I had on a skirt, or if my hair was done pretty. I could tell the difference, I could feel the animal instinct in them and i...t scared me. I didn’t want to be talked to in that way, looked at in that way, whistled after, followed. And so I started hiding. I chose the baggy jeans and timbs, I chose the ponytail and hat, I chose no makeup, no bright color lipstick or pretty dresses. I chose to hide. Pieces at a time. Less trouble that way."

Read more: http://www.aliciakeys.com/a-revelation/

Alicia Keys underwater recreating famous Muhammad Ali pose !!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment