Monday, September 27, 2010

SHERIKA VAUGHN: an unfolding story

TRUST: a woman’s issue





"In complete trust cats lie on their backs exposing their belly to their owners, and their environment. It is the way of the cat, those feline creatures prowling the inner workings of what is mysterious to us. Weaving the mystery of self is a life-long process. The chapters of one's life, and the epoch of both the female principle and the woman herself asserts its essence within the postures of the cat family in environments of trust, and reciprocated love."


What is more trusting within the union of souls, the uniting of spirits? - by Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories

3 comments:

  1. I think that what your doing is disrespectful! You don't know me at all but yet you took my picture off Facebook without asking and placing on your blog. 6years later and it's still here, why??????????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, I apologize. But, why I apologize comes from a framework of confusion about what the offense is. As I practiced in 2010, I asked permission when I could. That was how I was trained in school. Ask. But, the numerous times I have asked permission over the years had grown into an arduous task that became simple when I realized Facebook has a share policy.

      I am glad you found and read the piece, Reka, and one does not need to know someone to 'see' in depth into what makes them special enough to learn from. I don't remember when your photograph evoked the sacred words I wrote honoring what was clearly visible in your face and eyes. I do remember the deep feeling the moment left me with and if memory serves me I wrote those words next to the photo! - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories

      Delete
  2. I think that what your doing is disrespectful! You don't know me at all but yet you took my picture off Facebook without asking and placing on your blog. 6years later and it's still here, why??????????????

    ReplyDelete