Friday, April 19, 2013

A LETTER

An oil painting by Frederick Simpson Coburn (1871-1960)
"THE LETTER"


A Letter

I write to you to let you know, that you are the one.
It may sound preposterous, when all said and done.
Sit down, take a rest, and read what I have to say,
Then you can decide my disposition at the end of the day.

I have known you most of my life, just like a fairytale,
But we never really saw eye to eye, which may be just as well.
We grew up far apart but there was never a day that passed,
That I didn’t pull out a picture, to look at my sweet lass.

I have loved you from the beginning and I will love you to the end
I hope you feel the same way, so my poor broken heart can mend.
We have lived our lives and grown so old, and we don’t have much time,
And last night I had a dream that we were in love as if it were Gods design.

This letter is my plea to you; look down deep into your heart,
Think of that one person, that you did not want to ever part.
If my name does not come to mind, then I will silently walk away,
Time will take my heart and soul, and I shall depart without delay.

From the one that loves you till the end of days.

©REB (JAN 2013) do you know?



Poems and Writings of Rik Bertrand


Evelyn Thorns Xmas day with granddaughter Jayla 3



No comments:

Post a Comment