Tuesday, September 3, 2013

ABUNDANCE OF SPIRIT

The deep and exquisite beauty of one
ANAYALISA LOVE


PART 14


I wonder if Josephine Baker ever paused in eternal life to revisit the scenes she created, the theaters where new talent thrives, and young actors nervously wait for curtain? I wonder if Josephine Baker shines upon the things of life that make dreamers of little girls, and corrals the wild urges of boys who need to become men with dreams to fulfill? I wonder if sometimes a black girl, or a black woman has a moment Josephine Baker enters her body and sees the pageantry, and inspires the girl beyond what she thinks is her capacity to hold high energies? I wonder about these things. I've thought about every great singer and musician and dancer who has died and left their songs, their solos, and their footwork to be studied and embodied before many a performance at many a gig I've had.   Gregory E. WoodsDawnWolf KeeperofStories 3.9.13


No comments:

Post a Comment