Monday, June 30, 2014

A Study of SOUL



"A study in depth of the self begins the day, the journey, and its contemplation mirrors the progress of soul. Life is a spiritual walk that either affirms or denies life. Either way it is a spiritual walk. The meanings in life for the giver or the receiver, the victim or the predator, the teacher or the student lie within the perspective of the role we choose. Life is a deep art."  

I wrote this the day before we buried Mommy on the 30th of April 2013. I wrote as I breathed and breathed as much in and out of the words and teachings of my Mother since Mommy died last April. Every day her life force in her words came to me in indescribable surges and I wrote not the first words, but from the growth of the original teachings I wrote. I had written the meanings down in the meaning of my life. The whole of my life I did this, but the summation of her death was in the fullness of her life, and the union between Mommy and Daddy. 

I have an Iroquois made Mourning Blanket gifted to me by a Woman Elder last June from one of the tribes of the Sioux people. Somehow it carries Medicine Powers I cannot put words to. It is behind me now in my office looking at me from beneath a Coyote skin asking the questions and giving the answers swiftly in the most subtle of ways that Spirit does in Creation. Inexplicably, the blanket is now a gift from my mother in the Spirit World. 

~ Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 6.22.14




No comments:

Post a Comment