Sunday, June 15, 2014

A R T E M I S


Artemis pulling her bow with an infant unicorn at her feet.



Artemisby JaniceDuke


Divine protectress of the wild
Great huntress of the night
Yours the strength of Bear
The guile of Hawk in flight
Teach to me your mysteries
Guide me with your light
Let it fill me with your inspiration
Your fierce and focused aspiration
To fly golden, whole and true
The purity of moonlit midnight
Heralds daybreak and life anew.


"Artemis was one of the most widely venerated of the Ancient Greek deities. Her Roman equivalent is Diana. Some scholars believe that the name and indeed the goddess herself was originally pre-Greek. Homer refers to her as Artemis Agrotera, Potnia Theron: Artemis of the wildland, Mistress of Animals'



My Website: www.janiceduke.com/
My Facebook page: www.facebook.com/janice.duke.a…
My Twitter feed: twitter.com/artjaniceduke
My Blog janiceduke.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment