Friday, October 3, 2014

WHAT THEY DID TO HER THEY DID TO US!!!!



The first time Saartjie Baartman was dragged out to squat before the mob at 225 Picadilly, the show’s promoter billed her genitals as resembling the skin that hangs from a turkey’s throat [the turkey waddle]. For several years, working class Londoners crowded in to shout vulgarities at the protruding buttocks and large vulva of the unfortunate woman made famous across Europe as the “Hottentot Venus”. The aristocracy was no less fascinated at what they saw as a sexual freak, but they had private showings.” - author (?)


Sarah Baartman by Fred Mpuuga 


The Slave Family

Think about it:


Sarah Baartman's body plastered in death 2 


“A Poem For Sarah Baartman”


“I've come to take you home –home, remember the veld?

the lush green grass beneath the big oak trees

the air is cool there and the sun does not burn.

I have made your bed at the foot of the hill,
your blankets are covered in buchu and mint,
the proteas stand in yellow and white
and the water in the stream chuckle sing-songs
as it hobbles along over little stones.

I have come to wretch you away –
away from the poking eyes
of the man-made monster
who lives in the dark
with his clutches of imperialism
who dissects your body bit by bit
who likens your soul to that of Satan
and declares himself the ultimate god!

I have come to soothe your heavy heart
I offer my bosom to your weary soul
I will cover your face with the palms of my hands
I will run my lips over lines in your neck
I will feast my eyes on the beauty of you
and I will sing for you
for I have come to bring you peace.

I have come to take you home
where the ancient mountains shout your name.
I have made your bed at the foot of the hill,
your blankets are covered in buchu and mint,
the proteas stand in yellow and white –
I have come to take you home
where I will sing for you
for you have brought me peace.”

P/S:

For decades Sarah has been referred to as “Saartjie”, a Afrikaans diminutive form of “Sara”, the name appearing on her British baptism certificate. The diminutive form “tjie” is thought nowadays to be patronising, hence the renaming “Sarah”.

Source: South Africa Info


"... and now, today." 

blue mini skirt on big legged woman.  



1 comment:

  1. hi.i'm jacky majidio .please visit my website
    www.babynames.ir & www.biacafe.ir

    ReplyDelete