Friday, December 19, 2014

SIMPLE LIVING SIMPLE LIFE

My Life's The Beach

Book of John 14 verse 12


For me these words were the greatest dare of my young life. Because I tried words and teachings on the way others tried on clothes I had to find out how, and if words were true to their word and projections. At the time I did not know the words came from Knowing. I did not know a thing about that perception of Life, or of how it would one day penetrate my center of Being. I understood and embraced Belief, and feeling that way I recall placing the body of the words, "... he who believes in me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these shall he do..." into my own body, and succeeded in changing the world!

When Jesus ended that phrase with "... because I go to my Father..." it put me into the mindset I had when my parents left us alone in the house for hours, or all day with instructions, tasks and admonishments. The time spent wherever they went was time to do what was told, and more because freedom and trust were stimuli for me, and the way I thought about things.

Ingesting those words required a simple technique of breath, and form to absorb the words from formlessness into the formlessness within my physical body, and the mystery of my mind and its labyrinths. It began, as all things begin, with an altar. The altar was the space around and within me. I could see the space. It was sacred. It was safe, and accessible. Into that space, wherever I was, the words were spoken or read into the inner space of Being over an extended period of days that could easily become years in such a way they became part of me, and became actions, or a state of mind. These words of Jesus made timid many a person, but it pulled me into a vortex I've yet to exit from.

The depth of initiations lay heavily upon the words of a man's mouth. It was the same with Jesus. Spoken plainly the words, the sacred words, will attract youth to dare themselves away from mere existence into the challenging light of becoming more than one's teachers. Entering into the spheres of Creation to co-create is the fearful thing many shied away from when they read Jesus' words, "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to the Father." - Gregory E. Woods






No comments:

Post a Comment