Friday, January 23, 2015

The DARE


Churris, motos y las dos juntas

Badd Biker chick on her bike.
January 23 , 2014


I woke up. It was late at night, long after midnight. I looked around realizing how tired I'd been a few hours before. The TV was watching me with its one eye. My cat and my wife had gone upstairs leaving me sprawled on the sofa deep in sleep. Groggy, I stumbled upstairs careful not to fall backwards.  The house was soft in its feel as usual. The wife's even breath was coming from one of the bedrooms. I could feel it. Teacher, my cat was sequestered somewhere where she could see everything. Outside it was dark and the outside cats I took care of were somewhere being warm in winter.

I stiffly walked down to the basement and picked up the remote. Showtime was showing a film, a documentary about a film director, Joe Sarno and his wife, Peggy. The film was a compelling introspective about a man with a vision about films about sex, story centered around women and femininity. "Confessions of a Young American Housewife" came out in 1974. I had never heard of them or their films. After a thoughtful ending I switched channels to "The Submission of Emma Marx" that began with a woman bent over a man's lap while he spanked her. Over the scene a woman was narrating her speculation about how she wound up in this position with no will.

"... But, how does anyone define (normal) for themselves? By society's standards it would be anything that doesn't challenge an expected idea or behavior. Living the text book perfect life in order for everyone else to accept you even if you don't accept you..." were the words that struck a cord within me.

What do you think of yourself?

- Gregory E. Woods,
Keeper of Stories 1.23.15

Betty Davis said...


No comments:

Post a Comment