Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Things my Parent's embodied and taught!


A Lady by definition, A Man by Development. 


In the folds of what it means to be a lady is the acceptance of being free as a way of being. A lady is a development from girl to woman, and woman to lady. It is an art; and it is an intangible substance one cannot touch, but be touched by nuance and substance. A lady can play with this substance fully understanding the role has responsibilities and is awe inspiring because it is a state of being crudeness has no access to...

I should stop here. My mother taught these things in her movements and the way she danced with the essential elements I just described! - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 8/7/18 



Janice Payne at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, August 2018!!





Impossibly good looking dark skinned women are often intellectually and spiritually engaged in processes of development. It is daunting for men not so inclined merely wanting to get laid! When I was young my father's influences worked to my advantage. I wasn't a player. I built relationships, indifferent to getting laid. My father taught me when I was a teenager the integrity it takes to be a man and this was an early teaching he gave his first born. It is an untaught skill set boys do not get for selfish reasons. What those selfish reasons are and how selfishness has become a component of adulthood clustering in the corners of sound humanity is at the center of women's angst in their lifetimes! Selfishness, in a violent social climate, adds to the danger of citizenship in the States sharpening the point of rape.


Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories
August 10, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment