Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WISDOM KEEPERS: between friends

Gregory, This note to you is long in coming, but took time to cook in my head. I found this story for you:
"A native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he felt. He said 'I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving, compassionate one.' The grandson asked him, 'Which wolf will win the fight in your heart?' The grandfather answered: 'The one I feed." Native American Story
I think I like this quote because it speaks to what I want to say. You are a wonderful teacher. I know this. I know this, because with your help I fed apart of myself that I
didn't even know was hungry. Thank you. You have my sincerest wish for harmony and truth with your group work and with your inner work. My best to your wife and family. Yours, Adele

Adele, I have been learning a great deal about doing ceremony with my white relatives. This is new for me. I am wide-eyed with questions, like a child. It is an ever evolving story. Thank you for working and sharing with me, Adele. You are good teacher for this 'Indio negro'. I have been learning new things about myself, my fears, and my prejudices from this Circle. Soon I will learn how to articulate these insights on paper and in person with others in a larger forum. ~Flaco (October 6, 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment