Monday, July 16, 2012

WESTERN CHRISTIANITY vs.AFRICAN ISLAM

The Boko Haram earlier this week said that all Christians need to turn to Islam or ‘they would never know peace again."

I drop my head in horrified silence as Muslims kill hundreds of Christians to make Nigeria a Muslim state under the Sharia Law. The idiocy of fundamentalism jumps from one side to the other. Two religions related to each other with the same patriarchs, and the jest of all those teachings from and about universal truths and the depth of their spirituality is bloodletting in the name of God/Allah? No intelligent person would join such a group.

Over the years I have heard Christians and their pastors and Muslims zealots, and Imans speak of violently overthrowing free thought, and expression with both sound and ridiculous arguments, but each time I hear their points of view and contention I think to myself, "If you say something not founded in logic, or fact enough times an idiot will swear he is hearing the truth." - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 

No comments:

Post a Comment