Friday, November 6, 2015

Peace is Possible



The prophecy of Tašúŋke Witkó

"Upon suffering beyond suffering: the Red Nation shall rise again and it shall be a blessing for a sick world. A world filled with broken promises, selfishness and separations. A world longing for light again. I see a time of Seven Generations when all the colors of mankind will gather under the Sacred Tree of Life and the whole Earth will become one circle again." -Crazy Horse (late 1800's)


Crazy Horse, Tašúŋke Witkó



Gianni Crow, (c.) a Native man walking in New York city
(Sept. 29, 2015) has something to say ...


The NDN in Manhattan

I had an experience not too long ago here in New York that I want to share with you my friends.
Most people do not understand our ways even if they say they do, we are not here to please anyone, we simply are just like everyone else and their cultures, we are home and we are not going anywhere just like the rest of our guests.
Someone asked me why not to cut may hair so I cou...ld fit in with society and I said; well there's a lot of other cultures that wears their hair long and you don't see anybody asking them to change their ways take off their hats or cut their hair, the person then said well they wear their hair like that because of their religion and at this point I was just going to turn around and leave but I smiled and said, why do you think I have long hair and she said, I don't know, maybe you like Indians, listen to rock or simply like to make a fashion statement. I laughed and I told her that my hair is just as sacred as the cross that the Pope wears around his neck.
 
Its 2015 there shouldn't be no more ignorance in this world
some people don't even know who the Native Americans are in this country and this people became "US CITIZENS"
Whenever you see somebody with culture please respect that individual, if you do not understand it do not make fun of him, we are not in kindergarten no more ask and maybe you can enrich your mind and spirit.
 
I say this with love kindness and respect.
 
Gianni Crow
September 29, 2015
 

No comments:

Post a Comment