Tuesday, November 17, 2015

"You gotta train your white man in the way he should go, and in the end. . ."



THE WHITE MAN AND SNAKE

 

A white man, it is said, met Snake upon whom a large stone had fallen and covered her so that she could not rise. The White Man lifted the stone off Snake, but when he had done so, she wanted to bite him.

The White Man said, " Stop! let us both go first to some wise people."

They went to Hyena, and the White Man asked him, "Is it right that Snake should want to bite me, when I helped her as she lay under a stone and could not rise?"

Hyena (who thought he would get his share of the White Man's body) said, "If you were bitten what would it matter?" Then Snake wanted to bite him, but the White Man said again, "Wait a little, and let us go to other wise people, that I may hear whether this is right."

They went and met Jackal. The White Man said to Jackal, "Is it right for Snake to want to bite me, when I lifted up the stone which lay upon her?" Jackal replied, "I do not believe that Snake could be covered by a stone so she could not rise. Unless I saw it with my two eyes, I would not believe it. Therefore, come let us go and see the place where you say it happened whether it can be true."

They went, and arrived at the place where it had happened. Jackal said, "Snake, lie down, and let thyself be covered." Snake did so, and the White Man covered her with the stone; but although she exerted herself very much, she could not rise. Then the White Man wanted again to release Snake, but Jackal interfered, and said, "Do not lift the stone. She wanted to bite you, therefore she may rise by herself."

Then they both went away and left Snake under the stone.


a Wisdom tale
author or Nation unknown to me.



snake & a pin up model in Rapid City in 2014


There is a deep feeling directed at white people in general expressed this way: "Not all republicans are evil & insane....but all evil & insane people are republicans." Let me ponder this against the insights you have shared from the light sources within you.

Although I understand the sentiment I disagree with the sweeping statement. It leaves humanity and vulnerability out of the equation. There are and have been other ways to address the energies you are addressing...



I don't have the words to better say what I sense you are saying and suggesting. Is there a way Lioness to affect change at the cellular and cultural levels? I, as you have I suspect, have pondered these things, but with heavy hearts cannot find solutions because there is a group of American citizens incapable of sitting at a table of reconciliation with others because of their inability to ask for forgiveness or release their hold on their fears.

Am I close to your perception? - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 10.20.15

 

No comments:

Post a Comment