Wednesday, March 2, 2016

What Black Panthers taught me about economics



Greetings everyone,
 
I am not sure if you had a chance to see the extraordinary PBS documentary on The Black Panthers, but you must see it.  As I watched the film, I found myself beaming with pride, breaking down in tears, staring at the television with concern and deeply reflective of this movement and what it meant to our people.
 
We know that the movement fell apart due to sinister and racist actions on the part of the federal government.  However, I thought to myself:  "What if the Panthers had a stronger economic infrastructure?"
 
Of course the movement was amazing, but the more I study history, the more I realize that a powerful economic movement is just what our community needs. 
 
This year, I've made a commitment to doing all that I can to spread the "gospel" of financial literacy and black economic empowerment as far and wide as possible.  Of course, there is The Black Wealth Bootcamp, but we are also adding more to our arsenal.
 
I'd like to make you aware of The Black Economic Empowerment Tour, which is going to consist of me popping up many cities across the world to share both fundamental and advanced concepts that relate to black wealth building, entrepreneurship and cooperative economics.
 
I've never put my PhD to better use.  You will always walk away amazed and evolved, I assure you. 
 
I was in Atlanta last week and our venue was sold out.  We're now planning to come to Chicago on March 26th (you can learn more about meeting me in Chicago here), Louisville, KY on March 12th and Baltimore on April 28th (I'll make you aware as soon as those deals are sealed).
 
We are adding new cities to the tour on a regular basis, and could really use your support.  If you can't make it to the cities listed above, you are still welcome to purchase a ticket that could be used to admit someone in need.  Also, we have a growing list of faculty teaching powerful courses in The Black Business School, with Dr Julianne Malveaux joining us next week.
 
My goal is to take what I've learned from teaching college students over the last 23 years and share this information with millions of black people.  So far, the plan is working, and we've been able to reach a million people per week without any bank loans, grants or corporate sponsorship.  If you feel inspired to chip in, that can help us do even more for our people.
 
If you'd like to know more about our Chicago event, please visit this link.  We have people traveling from as far away as Australia, and we know it is well worth the trip.   Feel free to make it a weekend, we've got hotels we can recommend for you and your family for the events.
 
Until we meet again, please be strong, be blessed and be educated.
 
Sincerely,
Dr Boyce Watkins

Dr Boyce Watkins | info@boycewatkins.com | Watkins Media Group | 935 Carver St. | Westpoint, MS 39773


 

No comments:

Post a Comment