Tuesday, July 31, 2018

40 years old!


Louise Griffiths by Tim Whitby during the Aura of Asia arrivals in splendor
in the most breathless of ways! She was born July 31, 1978!


English actress and singer, Louise Griffiths is also a songwriter,
and fashion model!


Forty years of life is the beginning of a cycle; it is renewal. For some cultures, in the past before the modern era exerted itself upon traditions, the fortieth year was old age, or the beginning of Eldership for a few short years until death. In American life it is a death knoll for many. Women grief, and men often wish for their younger days when they could screw for a long time, and they felt life was potential. For me, the fortieth year was sobering, and happy I was discovering a great need to do a version of a Give Away ceremony reflective of Pacific Northwest tribes.

I gathered my collection of silverware, cleaned them and ceremoniously wrapped them in black or red cloth. I gave them to couples just starting out, or families needing the boost of a gift. What I did was done prayerfully and with deliberation. - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 11/12/17 

No comments:

Post a Comment