Friday, October 23, 2009

EAGLE IN THE SUN


My wings take me highTonight I stand on the edge of Black Hills where I was born high up on the edge of the world where my spirit entered.


I see our Earth Mother as she shifts and struggles to survive. I see my family as they hold on to the last of the ways and pray for the return of the Buffalo and Eagle Nation. Like the dry prairie grass the are holding on for the return of the healing rains.


The land is parched from lack of rain the plants hold tight to the dry breasts of Mother Earth, she cannot continue on this way to feed her children. Poison flows in her system and she suffers from this without tears.


With open arms, I put on my feathered eagle wings and prepare to fly into the moon lit night sky.
My strong wings take me high up to the stars. I once saw my people go there and they too became the stars. I feel their spirits all around me, watching us in sadness for the pain of the Earth Mother.


I see my son, my bothers, my sisters, mother, and father all my relations are the stars that shine. Each one is watching over us and protect us during the day and the night.
Tonight I will go and see my relation and ask them to send us the way to heal our Mother Earth.


May the thunder beings open up the clouds and wash her with healing rain. Let all this be so that our children and our children’s children will know the beauty that lies below me as I fly. I shall return in the rain with my spirit as the Eagle.



Blessing Waynonaha Two Worlds © 2005 by Waynonaha Two Worlds All publication rights reserved.

This song prayer echoes in all of us from Turtle Island as we work, build family, shop, and otherwise interact in the corporation (USA). I am going to buy cigars and walk as I pray in downtown DC. I will sing this prayer poem this afternoon. ~ Dawn Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment