Thursday, May 20, 2010

BISHOP RALPH E. GREEN

I have been on different sides of Bishop's evolving spiritual force. I felt then, and more so now, a part of his evolution. Seeing his creative pattern of greatness from my view was controversial within the counsel of my soul, my own evolution, among my elders, and my development into a man. There was a rugged, sometimes rude quality within Bishop that made him the force we all identify with. I remember the dark, the light, the revelations, and disclosures I detested, studied, or didn’t have the depth to understand. I was in awe of him, at times, learning a lot about mysteries and service!

The very complexity of a man from humble beginnings, from the hardships he spoke of so often, and the minimum of education that taught him to become a Bishop, a man, is the essence of what we Native folks call strong medicine powers. Those who develop from flaws into power are what we traditionally admire and respect, and Bishop Green's medicine powers followed me into the ceremonial circles my medicine carried me into. Elders in Greenland, people in Europe, and across Turtle Island have felt the stories, and teachings, and power of Bishop Green weaved into healing stories. These powers move people in their souls sometimes shifting their consciousness into higher realms of knowing or relationship with the Great Mystery!

This isn’t the time to tell the stories now, but there has been enough expansion within people who have learned from the stories I carry in my medicine from Bishop to change and grow into their calling. These are my words. I am Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories. AHO! (2-13-10)

4 comments:

  1. Gregory, your patience and desire to learn was why at the time you learn from Bishop. If you would have turned your back because you did not like or understand why he said, then you wouldn't have learned what you did learned.
    In your younger years and even now, you desire to learn and for this is why people want to listen to you. Opened mind, opened heart.
    Blessed be....Bori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bori. The story between Bishop and I is intense, and full of conflict I hesitate to display in a public forum. At some point he crushed my spirit, and I evenutally learned to fly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My respect for him is deep and to many incomprehensible but for me relationships don't end they expand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious sentence "relationships don't end they expand", just beautiful of you to say that.
    Love you..Bori.

    ReplyDelete