Wednesday, May 5, 2010

SINBAD, the funny man: a Manhood teaching


"Before Sinbad was famous, before he got his first television role, when he was just another stand-up comic doing the circuit, he refused to go on stage in Los Angeles when he became aware of the fact that a patron in a wheelchair was not being properly accommodated in the audience. This was before he had any clout to throw around at all.



There was a guy in a wheelchair with his elderly mother who couldn't get near enough to the stage to be able to see the show at that club. The management was refusing to move some people at the front of the stage so he would be able to see the show. Sinbad got wind of the situation and flat out refused to perform until the guy and his mother were properly seated.


It was a year later that he got his first TV gig that made him famous. He stood up for what was right, to his own possible detriment, because it was the right thing to do. And I know this story, and I tell this story, because that guy, was my brother, and the elderly lady, was my mother." -Sadakne Baroudi facebook blogger

Sadakne Baroudi from Brazil


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you posted this picture, but it is not a picture of me. The photo is of Iskandar Langalibalele, who has since joined the Realm of the Ancestors. His Earthday was marked yesterday and as I've been missing him terribly lately, it was joyfully shocking to see him here. Thank you Brother Dawn for this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the picture has been updated. I am the owner of those dreadlocks.

    ReplyDelete