Saturday, June 19, 2010

Indian reservations on both U.S. borders become drug pipelines 2

"People should stop calling pot drugs. Coke and heroin and meth are DRUGS. If the insane war on marijuana stopped these things would not happen. I know people doing long sentences for pot on the NY border and it is a Hugh waste of lives and money. People in NYC use an incredible amount of legal doctor approved DRUGS and you can od and die on all of them. There has never been an od on pot. I am not even gonna mention deaths due to alcohol and tobacco. The people who call pot DRUGS are cops, lawyers,drug Agents, judges,prison guards,politicians and lots of others who are making a living off the war on pot.Big pot dealers and smugglers do not want pot legal they want it to remain DRUGS. Total Insane drug war on pot means big money for everyone mentioned in this post." -John Penley

"Someone should speak with tribal leaders of the Mohawk Nation and find out how many Mohawk young men are in federal prison for pot. A huge waste and I feel very bad for them and their wives and children who are without their fathers. A total shame. The war on pot now has many Mohawk Warriors as casulties. Legalize it and tax it and put an end to this madness." - John Penley

"I understand the relationship between person, poverty, pride, fear, and illegal employment. I also understand the profit gain for all concerned. The dance makes sense and doesn't make sense. In the end what upholds life or invites death into the home?" - Gregory E. Woods

"One thing that I could never understand was the level of "patriotism" for the US government that developed after 9-11. I heard lots of Mohawk people talk about supporting "our troops" in Afghanistan and Iraq. I was criticized because of my opposition to those wars. I didn't say it but you know what I was thinking. This is the same government and army that did the same war of occupation and still would do it again if ordered by Washington to do so to the Indian people of North America. This is the same American government that provides assistance to the governments of Mexico, Guatemala, and Central America the arms and training that are used against the original indigenous people living in poverty and being killed by the Racist Elite power structures in those countries. I have been there and seen it myself. Viva Zapatistas. I pray that Leonard Peltier will be free one day but I don't have much hope. I think your last comment was a beautiful and true statement and I thank you for allowing me to take it into my heart." - John Penley

"Osiyo,many blessings from overseas. Pot/weed had been legalized in Spain for some years after the dictator Franco passed on, but matters only got worse and out of hand, so it was ileagalized once more till now. As to Iraq/Afghanistan war, people in Spain and mostly all over Europe condem USA goverment to kill innocent kids and women in those wars and doing it only for the personal benefit of USA...so far news from abroad." -Mischa (Little Bear), Cherokee/German Grandmother & healer

No comments:

Post a Comment