Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Donna Weinheimer vs American system of justice = a clusterfuck



Her is a real touching story that will melt your hearts.


I am a Canadian and I have had a green card for 50 years. I have worked here in the US & PAID TAXES since I was 16, that's 40 years of paying my dues to the U.S.A. I have never used social security, unemployment, or food stamps, and I can't vote.

About 4 years ago, I was flying back from Canada. I was detained at the border by U.S. Home Land Security. I had a valid passport and no criminal record, but I wasn't carrying my green card. When I protested, because I knew they had my records,( having crossed the border every year for ten years straight). They said they had no record of me,and with one hand on his gun, he told my husband to get on the plane and mail me my green card, my husband said ill fax you a copy today when I get home, and they told him they didn't have a fax machine. It took me a week to get my card, I had to re- book and pay for a new flight, and I was detained and searched at the airport by an Eastern Indian with a turban on his head that barely spoke English.

That same year I tried to renew my Green card, and it was denied. I drove 1 hr to immigrations and waited 4 hrs while Mexicans, Chinese, Indians and Martians went ahead of me. When I finally got in. The woman told me; You aren't living in the U.S. you live in Canada and your illegally running a business in the U.S. I asked her what she needed for me to provide her that would prove I lived here, she said; Three years taxes, utility bills in my name, and other documentation. I drove 1hr home and 1 hr back with the paper work waited another hr, and she said; your a smart girl, you know this proves nothing.

I lost it, but held my tongue. It wasn't till than that she went into my files from New York and found my records, than she said; it may take up to three months to get the original paper work, and if I don't receive the originals, I will send a car to your home and have me deported, and you aren't allowed to work because your card is invalid. I finally got the card renewed after 19 months of frustration, but every time I flew I was detained and searched. I drive now.

On my birth date last year I went to renew my licensed and it was denied. I have been married for 30 years( driving for 40), and paying social security all this time under my married name. S.S. informed the license bureau that I was using a illegal name, I went to S.S. and they wouldn't except a copy of my marriage certificate, so I sent away for my original sealed marriage certificate, went back to S.S. and was refused again because I didn't file a name change with S.S. 30 years ago.

I got in my car and drive to Canada, got my Canadian license, tax ID and said Screw the US. I have supported this corrupt system long enough. My house is up for sale in Florida " CHEAP"and I Will be gone by the end of this month.

Doesn't that just melt your hearts??? -Donna Weinheimer, Wisdom Keeper, founder HALF MOON RETREAT SCHOOL OF NATURAL HEALING

No comments:

Post a Comment