Monday, June 11, 2012

symbolism in faces

Oona Soleil with Killian Elias Leibundgut & Fiona Leibundgut


WISDOM KEEPER

When I first joined the Wisdom Keeper Circle I never thought I'd be struck by so poignant a moment captured in an image that would have troubled me many years ago that feels beautiful today to me as an older man who learned to have new relations with people distant from my heart...

Sight, renewed sight, is one of the benefits of the work I gleaned in  Angaangaq's circles, and utilize in my own circles. I am that circle expanded from  Angaangaq's  circles where I learned how to do ceremony with white people until I could say from my heart, “You are my relative. I love you.” It is a powerful thing to become vulnerable around and with strangers healing themselves and each other in environments unfamiliar, but it is worth the risk to stand on the cusp between life and death and declare intentions, and act upon them, and become better at being who you are! ©Gregory E. Woods


Angaangaq, Oona Soleil & a friend in Scotland © Sven Nieder

1 comment: