Thursday, February 7, 2013

BLACK WHITE PEOPLE


“I have learned the deepest of lessons in Life in my lifetime. It has come to me in the deepest way it could: the reality of Black America is the marriage to, and the dependence of Black Americans on the hope of being accepted by White people. I’ve seen deep in my soul over the years how deeply Black Americans crave to be white, to follow what that means, and to embody denial, and hold our children as sacrificial lambs over the fires scorching the very life force of  what is Africa within us. It is astounding, and it hurts deeply, but beyond and behind the reactions my assertions will spark the truth of it is in the way we live, believe, practice, and most telling of all what we tell our children.

I've made a determination. I've decided from this point forward to wean myself from the habit of referring to Black Americans as African Americans, and use the Cheyenne word, Wasicun Sapa. It means Black White Man." Dawn Wolf, Keeper of Stories  2.7.13






No comments:

Post a Comment