Tuesday, February 26, 2013

MOON TALK

"The hunger teaches us to conserve our energy and prepare for the kind of hunt that requires special tenacity and dedication. February's full moon is my favorite because there is a sense that nothing is farther from its goal than it is in that moment - still it shines, knowing who it is, how to tell its story and how to mirror that Light and Fire we crave as Spring takes root in our hearts. So, in a sense, this moon says, 'Empty is receptive and only when we starve for warmth can we see how important the Source really is...' This moon shows us how the hunger is the teacher." - Turtle Whisperer (Gail Dickert) 2.26.13
Moon full in the darkening sky
by Santee Featherarms
I left my favorite cigar store last night with a borrowed cell phone and $10 cigar. I was on the phone in a conference call about matters of life and death. As I stood still on the street I felt a pull I couldn't feel inside of the store. I stepped back in listening to my brother's deliberations. The feel lessened.


Later outside in a park my head and body felt ascension, and I looked up from the conversation into the full head of the Moon. As you, or anyone knows the Moon doesn't give you many words, but she says something to you. If receptive she can add to the conversations about life and death with assurances a human touch cannot convey. Between the strength of the smoke, the listening ears of my brothers, the stillness of the night in DC, and the quiet assurances the ground gave I feel I was able to peer deeply into the issues at hand. I was open to possibilities and receptive to truths. - Dawn Wolf,  Keeper of Stories



No comments:

Post a Comment