Tuesday, September 9, 2014

WHAT SHE SEES IS HER


PHOTOGRAPHER TAKES A SELF-PORTRAIT IN HER UNDERWEAR ON HER BIRTHDAY EVERY YEAR FOR 40 YEARS! (NSFW)

by Zolton in New Photography on Saturday 9 August 2014


Well, I guess you could call this titillating. Photographer Lucy Hilmer has kept up a tradition for 40 years of taking a self-portrait on her birthday wearing nothing other than her ‘white Lollipop underpants, shoes and socks’. Not quite a birthday suit, but close enough. Her first Birthday Suit self-portrait was taken in Death Valley, California, in 1974.

She told Lens Culture this about the project: ‘Without fail, I've faced my camera every April 22nd since then to create a coded history of one woman’s journey through time. As a girl-child of the 1950's, I came of age before women’s lib, and wanted to buck the stereotypes of a culture that branded me a pretty girl, thin enough to be a fashion model and not much more.

‘Armed with my camera and tripod, I found a way to define myself on my own terms in the most open, vulnerable way I could. My long-term project will continue for as long as I live. In 2015, I turn 70. I’m currently working on a book & film about my Birthday Suits’.

Beautiful!

Via Lens Culture


photographer Lucy Hilmer - 1 




No comments:

Post a Comment