Thursday, May 28, 2015

COLORBLOCKING X STRIPES


A Keene Sense of Style

No matter how many detours I take, full skirts will always be my signature style. I can't even begin to tell you how feminine and put-together they make me feel. When I slip on a full skirt I feel like the woman that I want to be. With that being said, I'm fully aware of the fact that  I can't wear them everyday because, well, that would be boring, but every once in a while I pull out one of these beauties and I twirl the day away. It's a good feeling.

I hope that you are having a great week. Thanks so much for visiting me! 
Xoxo -Elizabeth Keene 4.9.15 


Elizabeth Keene by Jonny Villanueva
in a Thrifted top, an 
ASOS skirt, J.Crw shirt, & shoes from The Candy Room,
accented by a Shoedazzle bag & Anarchy Street shoes 




Teacher's pet - Twyla D'Vine in 2014 


Didn't think teacher's pets existed in schools today. The way imagination is killed on a daily basis anything that adorable would bait a child-teacher relationship into a bowl of controversy. Better to expect children to be categorized into diagnosed drug users by a psychologist, a kid marked for incarceration, students who cut and paste their essays, and students who excel at rote memorization to get good grades, and go to college, and the rebels who cling to a semblance of an idea of freedom, freedom of expression as if their childhood depended on it. Without advocates unafraid of defending children what will high school graduates look like as adults in a decade or less? 


Teacher's pets. Are they outdated, or regulated out of the equation by hard lined conservatism, stupid liberalism, or the gang cultures that dominate so many American schools? One would think American schools and approaches to child rearing wouldn't be dominated by fear and cowardice the way it is today, but it is. There it is standing against the image of the apex predator we are known for around the world and across the spectrum of human history! It does not take a prophet to see where a country is headed with contempt for their children. Nor, should it be surprising the number of children who try, want to and do eventually leave the U.S. to train in terrorist camps in the Middle East! The 'why' is easily followed in the sands. Not knowing why many American children take that route, or resort to killing is the ostrich approach to life. Ignorance is bliss in America.


- Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 4.10.15

No comments:

Post a Comment