Thursday, December 24, 2015

Letter to a woman I don't know


"I love Indians. I find them all to be so inspirational. I have been diagnosed with Cancer of my right kidney and I want to be blessed by a group or an individual Indian instead of a chaplain  I know this sounds really weird but I believe the way they worship more than any other religious group out there. They are spiritual and they are beautiful people that I completely adore. I am seriously looking for a true Indian spiritual blessing. So if anyone can point me in that direction, I would be completely appreciative. Indians are the most charismatic people and I love them all. Just wanted to post that. Thank you for accepting me to the group." - Jenn



To protect your innocence I have to think.

I sense the awe and admiration you have for Native people, but you have cancer and the body demands of you things outside of this kind of worship. The medicines you will need can be hindered by the things you dwell upon. It is the words we start our healing processes, Jenn. Another spirit needs to come out of you to bring the healing and the healers to you. There is a lot to healing and the illusions have to be the first to go. Illusions are like fog over the Earth, our Mother. Moving through the mist is as important as 'seeing' the story of what ails you. 

- Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 12.5.13


No comments:

Post a Comment