Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Of MILES, the depth of ...




"Talk To You"

By John Turk


"Miles (Davis) really pissed me off one night. I went over to "The Blackhawk" in San Francisco. This is one of my trumpet idols. He played the head of the song and then sat at the bar - totally disappointedly. Everybody has their night, I guess that was one when he just wasn't inspired.

"I didn't get to see him in person but Louie Armstrong was the best cause he could play. If it wasn't for Louie there wouldn't be jazz as we know it. His sense of rhythm, the notes that he used to talk to you. To me his music is spiritual, the way he talks to you through that trumpet."

*excerpt of my radio interview with JT from yesterday's broadcast of the JFS on PowerTalk 1210 

 Jake D. Feinberg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment