Friday, December 4, 2009

My journey in cyberspace has been interesting...


Boricuan Born Minerva 2

Minerva is an interesting woman I met online who blogged on Yahoo 360!.  Yahoo 360! stopped supporting their blogsphere July 14th of this year.  It was very disappointing.  Their blog format was well thought out, and for me, the best. I had three blogs where I wrote extensively on a variety of subjects important to me on spirituality, power, healing, politics, racism, and other things. One of the more memorable sites was hosted by an archeologist from the South.  Her knowledge was deep and informative.  I used her as a reference, and she occassionally researched things for me. There was a Vietnamese photographer whose entire blog was composed of his black and white photos of his native land.  There were fascinating healers, and hell raisers.  There was a brother from Western Pennsylvania, Marque Smith, who explored his darkness poetically.  We stay in touch.  Every time I have a gig in Western Pennsylvania I let him know.  He is a good brother who has helped me on my journey.



 I wish I could recall all the people I corresponded with over the years like Sarah G. Sky Star Lady Hawke Lisa Marie and Native brothers like Black Horn, and Lone Wolf , and the intelligent NDN woman White Crane. Writing online is a risk.  Writing has always been a risk.  Bearing your vulnerabilities online has expanded the concept of universality, connection, and vulnerability to a dangerous level in times where governments like China's, and the USA have sought to expand the definition of security into the realm of suppressing original thought, and look for ways, under the guise of keeping their nations safe, to silence voices that question illogical reason, greed, murder, and terror concepts that seize people's mind into a brain freeze.  Online writings, and chatter, like the spoken word, leaves a trail, and more than ever one's word must be his or her bond.  -Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories     


Black Puerto Rican - Minerva


No comments:

Post a Comment