Thursday, December 10, 2009

YOGAVILLE

Ambika, after I first saw you I went to a brook with a question wondering where the sun obtained its light and how it retained its warmth. The Stone People under the flow of water and the Stone People who observed the flow from the shores spoke to me about A One Woman.


“A One Woman came from a place of wanting to be to herself; of wanting to see herself. Some of the times of her life she sat in darkness and understood it. Other times she walked between the lodges of frantic people who knew a lot of things but could not tie those things together. These people could not see that Math was related to Law. These were relatives who didn’t understand relationship.

During one of her sleeps Old People and Babies pulled her from herself. In ceremony the songs from Old People and Babies closed the distance between Math and Law and gifted her with the shield she now carries in her waking hours and the power to hold it in her sleeping hours. Babies walked away from her and Old People sang her into an awakening ceremony with the Sun People. Star People paused a moment and lent four songs to her. Water lapped around her feet. Air moved within her as it does within ordinary people and out of her mouth a new song was born from the four songs.

The songs gifted to her were stories about the sum of essence; the division of her intellect; the addition of her way and the beauty unique to her place of being here. A One Woman gifted the Sun with this aspect of herself and the Sun’s illumination increased because of her powers to give and receive as A One Woman.”

When I asked who this woman was I saw your face. When I asked again Sun said, “My light comes from and goes to.” This puzzled me. With a question poised on my lips I ask, “Who are you alive?”

 ~ Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories


No comments:

Post a Comment