Monday, March 29, 2010

Bible, Jesus, & Revelation

I gave a biblical lecture last year and advised the audience that I study from the translation of 1611, when a woman asked me where can she obtain a copy of it, I informed her that it was probably available at her local book store, and then someone told her that she probably had one if she owned "a King James Version" of the Bible. Ha, Ha, Ha. It has always been my position that King James doesn't have a version of the Scripture. Since God is the custodian of His message, He has an obligation to assure that the words that have been handed down to us are pure; notwithstanding the translation or transliteration.

Since the forces who oppose God and His Word are unable to alter His truth, they have watered down the impact that it has had on society by controlling the interpretation. Hitler taught the purveyors of human civilization that the best place to hide something is to place it in full view with the widest broadcast. The Bible is the best selling book of all time, and is readily available just about anywhere in the Western world and many other places as well, yet it has not had the effect that it did during the Apostolic age. Why? because we have been robbed of the knowledge of who we are.

I once remarked to a friend that perhaps we fail to utilize the full capacity of our mind and imagination because we do not know where it resides. He chuckled and said, "Come on. Where else can it reside, but the brain?" I said to him, "How would you respond if I told you that the brain is the redundant backup system for the human mind?" He look puzzled, but I went on to explain that the human heart is an organ of perception where the deep, penetrating human experiences are captured, and we as a civilization of people have lost the art of understanding and knowing with the heart (the organ that pumps blood). As a human race, our pursuit of life, liberty and happiness has been derailed by those who fear the competition of the intellect. I'm working on a book with the working title, "In His Image," so before I give too much of it away, I'll suffice by saying, the Beast is very wicked and has been successful in altering the thinking capacity of the entire globe.

Now that is deep, deep stuff my friends!!

Some of the great lies of human existence have their origin in Western theology. In fact, a theologian friend of mine and I had a friendly debate regarding the original language of the New Testament. His Western trained mind could not see that it is a paradox to admit that Jesus and his disciples spoke Aramaic, yet assert that the original text of the Scripture is Greek.

I don't ask what have they done to corrupt our thinking, but I ask what is their motivation for what they have done?

With much respect,
David R. Tolson
March 07, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment