Wednesday, March 24, 2010

exquisite african beauty

photo: Aissa Maiga

I=She=Sun

Stepped down

On what you call the ground
And they asked me
Where you coming from


Said my words sweetly
To satisfy half
Of their hunger
For me

Well, I’ve traveled far and wide
On this here ebony rainbow
And everything is still in ah purple haze
So excuse me if I seem a little
Well, amazed


Last time
There were fields of flowers
And trees towered over my head
Now instead
Destruction war and despair
Seductively running fingers through my hair


Don’t see how you’re not choking from this air
Guess you can get use to anything


You want to get use to
Now all that is going to change
Going to destroy old ways
Rearrange this plane


Rubbing these hands together
Causing sparks to fly
Into the eyes


Of disbelievers
Set the sky on fire
Desire for me grew
Knew I was running out of time


Placed my fingers deep inside
Feeling the earth call my name
She screamed “Oh yes, save me baby”


Filled her with this heat and set her skin ablaze
You’d be in a daze if you could see this sight
And with all of my power love and light


It ended
Setting the oceans free
To smooth over the ash


Threw down my crystals
And flowers bloomed
And trees swayed
In my cosmic breeze
Called to the moon to come out and play
This day ending
prosperous


Zoomed out of sight
Neon little lights
Sparkling sky


Finally, asking myself
How could one be so fly

-Dehejia Maat's poetry


4 comments:

  1. wow you are really beautiful girl.. the real african beauty.. tito370@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh beautiful lady, ahh beautiful world of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such passionate words. An African woman is exquisite, whomever cannot see that do not deserve to have her in front of them. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU NEED TO REMOVE MY FAMILY PICTURES FROM ON YOURFACEBOOK WALL...IT IS AGAINST FACEBOOK COPYRIGHT LAW. AM SURE SOMEONE IS USING YOUR PAGE. PLEASE CHECK IT UP AND GET BACK TO ME. THANKS

    ReplyDelete