Tuesday, July 13, 2010

balance of energies


"About 10 years ago, I sat upon a mountain top and watched the sun descend below the horizon. I was high enough that there were no animals or birds around me. I sat upon a rock and in that stillness I could feel, for the first time, the orb I live upon hurtling through the heavens. As the sky melted into oranges and purples, the air becoming increasingly cool, my heart slowed and for the only time in my life there was a true connection between my heart and the core of this planet, and the relationship we ALL have with the stars. As literally thousands of stars made themselves visible to me, most of them, probably for the first time the I never wanted that feeling to end, that feeling of connection that bond I created between myself and the universe that I suspect most people don't realize until the moment their heart stops beating. I'm blessed to have had those few hours, I've tried to replicate them, but I've never succeeded." Chris Childs (April 15, 2010)




"Chris Childs, your experience was beautifully told. The first time I fell into that connection I was 12 years old. I learned over the years how to continually return to and sustain that connection. It is a birthright. The skill of it lies in what you learn about balance, and living in the present for ever longer periods of time." - Gregory E. Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment