Thursday, August 9, 2012

FAIRUZ

"Fairuz, was one of the early and powerful influences in my young life. As a young teenager her poetry of voice and her music of soul emptied me of menace, fear, and melancholy and replaced it with deep thoughts and attached me to the Arabic worldview the way her peer, Oum Kaltoum, did without the two even knowing I existed! I was changed by their music!

... plus I had a crush on her. I think at the time I would have melted into chocolate and cherries had I been in her presence; so powerful were her eyes, and how pleasant must have been her breath if she had stood before me taking mine away as I stared and stared wondering what to say to so beautiful a woman! That's is how I felt and thought back then every time I heard her music played in the Medina, on the radio, or at home." - Gregory E. Woods

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Fairuz_in_btd_concert_2001.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment