Friday, March 15, 2013

BE FREE (My wish for YOU)


Would you give everything, like me, to find
Peaceful stillness of a silent mind?
Not just a glimpse, a fleeting moment
But for all lifetimes
To abide in truth and peace
Every moment to be free
Never again to be confined
Or bound up in the prison of an angered mind?

 I have sat at the feet of enlightened ones
And I’ve seen how they’ve overcome
All obstacles and delusions
Transformed the confusions
That seem to encapsulate me
And how I long to be free
How I want us all to be free!

There’s no peace to be found in a life
Tormented by your own mind
For, how you think is what you’ll be
And I know there’s a possibility
Not just for you but also for me
The truth is within us all
Love and peace preside
Inside everyone’s heart and mind
We just need to remove the dirt
Let it settle and find clarity
And then peace will naturally
Unfold within us all
Like a flower to a bee
Just open our heart and mind
Feel the connections between all  that we find
And there lies peace, how to “be”
It’s in every speck of dust underneath our feet
In the wind blowing through the trees
And every blade of grass underneath those trees
Are like you and me, longing to reach and be free

Reach out to be free
The connection between you and me
Is far greater than the sum of our parts
That are dividing the very heart
Of this Earth
Of our being
Our seeing
Believing in the common truth
When you feel love you have the proof
That we can all be free
Of the confines of our mind that determine reality
Because it’s all just an illusion
That we perpetuate with our delusions
With wisdom and clarity
We can see it all more clearly
We can free our minds
And open our hearts
Now is the time to make the start
To walk this path hand in hand
Together may we understand
That we are all here as one
A united family of love
Longing to reach out beyond them and you and me
Let us all reach out toward love and peace
All reach out and be free
Be free! Be free! Be free!

by Debra Gibson
12.14.11


Debra Gibson, a poetess, & songster on September 4, 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment