Sunday, March 24, 2013

EDUCATION of the Mind & Spirit

Angels All Around Us



An interesting thing about atheists I've found is their actions. They house a lot of anger against many a Christian's retreat from intellectual curiosity, spiritual responsibility, and pride in not knowing, or understanding in depth their religion, practice and consequences of belief and action. Proud, or ignorant of their contradictions many Christians have found a way to appear oblivious to the rippling effect of the choice to not know, or care, or understand what I've just said.

It is puzzling the fear surrounding belief, but understandable. Atheists are fascinating to me for several reasons. One is their commitment to righting wrongs, as they perceive them. Another is the fact of the number of atheists with Baptist and other denominations in their backgrounds. Their dissatisfaction with, and disassociation from Christianity comes from places many Christians are afraid to venture into, but I learned from that fear to accept the challenge to my beliefs. Why? I needed to know the circle of the stories I held dear. If I couldn't bear the scrutiny of intelligent minds how could I stand before the Creator and speak of my life and mind? - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 1.19.13






No comments:

Post a Comment