Sunday, March 17, 2013

KILL THE BOY ????


A boy, from one of my groups, pulled a gun on me at the end of a program under the guise of joking around. I saw a semi-automatic handgun in his jean pocket as he was pulling it out, and I grabbed him, and his gun hand. He was trying to resist, but I knew what I was doing. All of a sudden, as he is going down, his left hand came out with another gun aimed at my face. I ducked behind his back as I slightly shifted to brutally bring him down, and crush his face into the corner of a wood desk, but at the last split of a second I saw a red circle on the gun. It was a toy!

I pushed him, and yanked the guns from his hands. It was my training, and the discipline I have developed to harness the wildness within me saved him from injury, and death. Had I not been who I am he would be a cripple, and if, in the first 2 seconds, he had discharged a round, and missed me I would have taken his life. Everything boils down to a question of life and death. There are only two questions to address: what do I do with him, and what do we do with him?” – Gregory E. Woods, Sirmiq Aattuq Wisdom Keeper 3.17.11




No comments:

Post a Comment