Thursday, July 25, 2013

TRUTH or DARE

Aborigines of Australia

Well, Robert you bring this to my mind about truth. Truth isn't as wide and narrow as the projections of truth Christians hold to the world. Those assemblies (churches & church doctrines) are containers holding that which cannot be contained, contained if you need them to be contained, but not contained. Such is the mystery of truth, the Word, Tao, The Chief of the White Cloth (Obatala) as is taught and understood in Ifa. . . - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 5.24.13


African children surrounding Elder

"I wasn't trying to isolate, or generalize churches. I was pointing out the way truth comes out from the perspective of the Ethiopian rabbi I grew up with and what I learned through his initiations. I was juxtaposing these things and the body of knowledge in Western Christianity we are taught to accept whole as the 'truth'." - Gregory E. Woods



No comments:

Post a Comment