Thursday, August 1, 2013

LIGHT OF SOUL


Mereana Taki bright and early May 28, 2013.

"As I walked my mokopuna to school this morning, I thought about the comments made to my panui which in turn got me thinking about the dignity of our kaumatua as they sit on the paepae......their patience as they endure the cold/hot weather and for hours not fidgeting but giving their full attention to each speaker, each kaumatua to me is in tune with the mauri and the wairua of his ancestral house.......too each and every person whom God in his wisdom has blessed kia ora koutou xxx" ~ Leeanne Wharepapa 8.1.13


Mereana Taki
August 1, 2013


I had a long talk with a woman, a deep and dear friend of mine who is staunch in her beliefs. She is very conservative and very much the Christian narrow in her views and limited in her experience and not practiced in daring. But, I love her, and forgive that in her. We have been friends for a few decades, and rarely see each other. I called her in Atlanta today and shared from the silence within me about Mommy's passing. It was a mistake.

Julia wants me to be as simplified in my understanding of Jesus and God as I was when I was small in knowledge, and big in other ways that served to forge a strong friendship with her. She is a Black Jamaican, lively and fun to be around, but this one resistance to see the depth and the path that led to the discoveries Jesus shared with his disciples as a Master allowed fears to creep into her consciousness not allowing her to hear anything about the deep spirituality of Jesus' spiritual heritage, and practiced scholarship. It has long left me sad how close I have come to the fulfillment of my purpose upon the Earth, our Mother, and learned ways of balancing, and been unable to share the simplicity of what all of those things mean to Julia, and many other precious souls bound by a tradition of fear bottling up the curiosity that discovers the spiritual sciences our souls naturally crave, and came from. 

I say these things, Mereana, because your words, "I see you ...says Mother Divine ...do you see ME?" as simple as they are are unfathomable to many a conservative mind in any of the 3 blood religions. It saddens me because so much beauty and power was born and is possibly alive within the closed minds that hold power upon the Earth outside of what is the power of the Earth, our Mother, and the balance of energies masculine, pure and divine that creates wholeness. - Gregory E. Woods



No comments:

Post a Comment