Tuesday, October 1, 2013

the LINE


"Traveling from New York's La Guardia airport to Paris, France many years ago I was awakened by a light touch upon my spirit. Looking out the window I saw this image.

It was dark where we were in the plane, but in the distance a fine line of white, of light traced itself across the black. Inch by inch, mile by mile we drew closer. I came awake instantly in the drawing close of this mysterious thing. I absorbed every moment paying attention to every detail of the dark merging with the light and the light eating the dark, or was the dark eating light and becoming day? I didn't know and couldn't tell myself any more about what I was seeing from the darkened cabin I was sitting in. I grew anxious for the moment to become supreme, one supreme moment and it came, and there it was. It came on a sudden, and for a brief moment the light and the dark were two sides of each other. It felt me and I embraced it: that perfect merge." 

Keeper of Stories 2.6.13



Mens Lounge




No comments:

Post a Comment